Norton 360 Multi-Device brings together powerful PC, Mac, Android Smartphone and tablet protection to deliver a single and straight-forward solution that protects its consumers’ various devices they use.
Last October 18, 2012, Norton 360 Multi-Device was launched here in the Philippines in Torch Restaurant in Greenhills, San Juan. Together with Media people and Bloggers, all were amazed with the capabilities of Norton 360 Multi-Device and were really excited to learn more about it. Together with Mr. Jason Mok – Norton by Symantec’s Consumer Sales Manager, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Philippines and Thailand and Mr. Andy Lau – Managing Director of ACW Group.
What is Norton 360 Multi-Device?
Norton 360 Multi-Device combines powerful PC, MAC and mobile device protection into a single and straightforward solution, so every user can safely surf, shop, share and socialize online, no matter which device they use. it protects against viruses, unsafe websites and other threats. It backs up files stored on the PC and helps keep the PC running fast and trouble-free. And it also lets the users remotely lock and locate a lost or stolen mobile device and even erase the stuff on it to ensure private information stays that way. Cloud -based management brings it all together, letting its users to easily control their protection for their various devices from one convenient place on the web.
What’s New and Improved?
- Norton Protection System: 5 years patented layers of quick protection and eliminate threats more quickly and accurately than other technologies.
- Norton Management: Cloud-based controls lets you fix, update, renew and install Norton 360 over the internet with a few simple clicks.
- Web-based Management: Lets you easily control the security for your protected devices in one convenient place on the web.
- SCAM Insight: Reviews a website’s reputation and lets you know if it is safe to enter your personal information, so you can be confident it won’t be stolen by cyber-criminals.
- Automated Backup: Safely and securely backs up photos, music and other important files.
- Always Up-To-Date Product Version: Norton automatically sends you important product and feature updates throughout the year. The latest version installs without you needing to do anything. You don’t even have to reboot.
- Contacts Backup and Restore: Lets you save your contacts from your mobile device to the cloud and easily restore them on another device.
During the event, Norton by Symantec also released the findings of its annual Norton Cybercrime Report, one of the world’s largest consumer cybercrime studies. The study is aimed at understanding how cybercrime affects consumers and how the adoption and evolution of new technologies impacts people’s security. With findings based on self-reported experiences of more than 13,000 adults across 24 countries, the 2012 edition of the Norton Cybercrime Report calculates the direct costs’ associated with global consumer cybercrime in the US $110 billion over the past 12 months.
“Cyber criminals are changing their tactics to target fast growing mobile platforms and social networks where consumers are less aware of security risks. The mirrors that we saw in this year’s Symantec Internet Security Threat Report which reportedly nearly twice the mobile vulnerabilites in 2011 from the year before” says Mr. Jason Mok.
For more findings from the Norton Cybercrime Report globally and by your country, you may visit http://www.norton.com/2012cybercrimereport
Pricing and Availability
The latest versions of Norton Internet Security and Norton Antivirus are now available for purchase in the Philippines through various retailers and the Norton online store: http://buynorton.com/
The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for one year of protection are as follows:
- Norton Internet Security: Php 1,200.00 for single PC and Php 2,400.00 for up to three PCs.
- Norton Antivirus: Php 990.00 for single PC and Php 1,950.00 for up to three PCs.
Norton customers with a valid product subscription are eligible to receive the latest product updates via the subscription service model. For more information, visit Norton Update center at http://updatecenter.norton.com